Sunday, May 17, 2009

MoKan Music Festival

Our camper, the Starmaster, had its maiden voyage to Urick, MO to the MoKan Music Festival. This festy was a short 2.5 hour jaunt, a rockin' Friday and Saturday night, and camp Swanky welcomed us with open arms. What a great way to kick off the season! I obtained a $5 MoKan tshirt, a new dye from my Vivid Earth friends, and a couple of ideas on how to make the camper P-I-M-P for waka.

On Friday night a storm rolled in...


So Sarah and I took pictures of the swirly clouds.


We hunkered down. Sort of.


The rain delayed some of the music. But we still heard every note.

The next day we strapped on our mud boots and wandered around camp and the stage area.


Dirtfoot played a fantastic set. Speakeasy rocked out. Sterling from Brothers Green stepped in on harmonica with Everybody. My other favorites included: Madahoochi, Brother Bagman, Zoogma, The Station, 56 Hope Road, Andrews Ave, Kan Eyed. I think I might of heard, but didn't see Robots vs. Dinosaurs and Opal Fly. There were many others.

Sleep. Steve made it in the door, but passed out shortly next to the bed. That crazy drunken alien.


Breakfast was served.


Who invited these guys?


Or Sketchy McSketcherton? (of Mullberry '08 fame. Yes, that's really him!)


Sadly, we packed up our camp and said our good-byes...


See ya in 2 1/2 weeks at waka!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment