Monday, May 11, 2009

Camping with the fam

We decided to try out the camper for the first time this weekend at Mark Twain State Park. Saturday was my Dad's birthday, and Mother's Day was Sunday, so we thought it appropriate to invite my parents even though we knew that they probably would not camp with us. They agreed to come, but not stay the night.

After arriving at the park, picking our spot, and registering the camp site, they rolled in... my mom, dad, and then behind them were my sister, boyfriend, and my niece. I was so surprised to see them!!!!

For Mom, I got her a new trash can. I know that's a strange thing to get your mom on mother's day, but it was what she wanted. I put a big bow on it and put it in front of our camp's number marker. She loved it. I also got my mom and my sis each a gerber daisy. My niece loves to pick them! This way they each have one at their houses. Dad got a gallon of his (and mine) favorite bbq sauce, Showme Liquid Smoke. Mmmmm! I also got him Buckingham's for dinner. So we had pulled pork sandwiches, beef briscuit sandwiches, chips and dip, or potato salad. And Jillian had a hot dog. They were thrilled.

After our dinner we went to Buzzard's Roost lookout point. It's a gorgeous site. Jillian had a ball throwing rocks in the water. Ah, to be a kid again. After we returned to camp, Kyle started a camp fire. Jillian was getting tired, so they left. Mom and Dad stayed until about 10:30, which was later than expected. They really didn't want to leave!

Now they're talking about buying a camper. :) Here are some pics from the weekend...

The girls


Dip head


Happy Birthday Pappaw!


Mark Twain Lake at Buzzard's Roost


Happy Campers

No comments:

Post a Comment