Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring/Summer Knitty

I love it when Knitty.com come out with a new issue! Since I copy off of Chelsea a lot, I'm writing my opinions...

Emmaline - I had trouble opening the pattern link. It was moving really slow. I can imagine that this one will be popular. It's cute! I like the bust with the eyelets, and it might be flattering. I'm just not sure how much use I'd get out of a short sleeved sweater.

La Gitana - I'm not a fan of vests. I wish that I was, but if I ever made this I'd have to add sleeves. But I'm not sure what I think about the vertical thin cables. I would make the Owl sweater with Rowan Purelife anyway.

Que sera - I really love the lace on this little cardi. I have yarn saved back for Girl Friday, but I might have just changed my mind with this one. The designer used Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton, which is the yarn I used for my last sweater. I highly recommend it!

Petrie - dish? I don't know if I understand why it's called this. Elegant little tank, and would like to see what the yarn was like before I tried it. It has lots of stockinette and it's doubtful I'd ever wear it.

Inamorata - I can see myself wearing this at a festival or at Earth Day. It has a really hippie/green look to it. I priced the yarn on Kitchen Sink Dyeworks and it would cost $68. And the colors that you can choose are beautiful. This one goes on the list for sure.

Tappan zee - I like the three button cardigan that you can leave open. The lacy look is nice. But I would have to add sleeves.

Torreyana - Beautiful shawl, especially with beads. After just finishing a shawl recently, I'm a little intimidated by the edging. And the shape. Whew. I would love to see one in person.

Summit - Interesting wrap. It's fun to look at, but it's ugly. I mean, really.

Anthemion - This is a gorgeous wrap. Only 1100 yards, so I could probably do it with my malabrigo lace that's on the way. I love the big zig zags. Love!

Gams - I know quite a few shorts/pants loving folks out there that will be excited about these. I would love to make a pair with the bacon yarn I've been lusting after for months. But I can find old skeins of cotton fleece laying around too. This are a must queue.
Ok, who suggested the blue eyeshadow? Yucko. And that guy just looks uncomfortable.

Know it all bag - Cool idea, but when do I ever knit something with a 10 row chart? I think it would be easier to look up the chart with my Blackberry. Stitching conductive wires is just a little too scary for me. Sorry.

Wanderer sock - I don't know what is so bad about regular old sock construction. Why is everyone so anti?

Tribute - This story is so sad. I'm sure her friend would be proud. Maybe it's time to try lacy socks. I wonder what they would look like with a variegated yarn. I'll have to pattern stalk ravelry for this pattern in a couple of weeks.

Twisted socks - These look like fun! I'm going to keep them in mind for an interesting man's sock pattern. It looks like the designer has all ready made 9 pairs of them. That's dedication. It would look great with a solid color sock yarn, and fun with a variegated. Queued!

3 Lace Edgings - This reminds me of my grandmother. Which isn't bad, but I don't have near the patience that she does for these things.

Buttonhead hat - The designer made this pattern for handspun odds and ends. I have lots of those! It will be fun to pattern stalk these, but don't know if I'd ever make one myself.

Duck - Hilariously cute! They would be great for the appropriate baby

Great issue knitty! This gave me lots of ideas! :)

1 comment:

  1. I only did an abbreviated version of my Knitty post, this time. I have to respectfully disagree with your assessment of Summit, but other than that, we seem to be in agreement. :)

    ReplyDelete